Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy Prerequisites
Required Pre-Pharmacy Coursework
Application to the School of Pharmacy requires submission of an official copy of all college transcripts, including all grades for courses taken through the fall semester prior to application.
All pre-pharmacy course requirements must be completed with a grade of “C” or better at an accredited US college or university before matriculation into the pharmacy program. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better is preferred for admission.
Organic chemistry or life sciences courses earned seven or more years prior to applying to the School will not be allowed to be used to satisfy pre-pharmacy course requirements unless approved by the Admissions Committee on an individual applicant basis.
- Human anatomy and physiology (6 hours)
- General biology with lab (8 hours)
- Microbiology with lab (4 hours)
- General chemistry with lab (8 hours)
- Organic chemistry with lab (8 hours)
- Physics (3 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)
- Calculus (3 hours)
Social Science Requirements
- Economics (3 hours)
- English (6 hours)
- Humanities (6 hours)
- Psychology or Sociology (3 hours)
- Public Speaking (3 hours)
- Science Courses must be designated for science majors.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology requirement: Students may take a 3-hour course in anatomy and a 3-hour course in physiology or 6-hours of integrated anatomy and physiology. Comparative Anatomy and Systems Physiology courses (higher level biology courses required for biology majors) will also be accepted.
- Physics requirement: Students may take algebra or calculus-based physics.
- Statistics requirement: An introductory statistics course or statistics for business, psychology, or life sciences will be accepted.
- Calculus: Calculus I (traditional calculus) or calculus for business, psychology, or life sciences will be accepted.
- Public Speaking requirement: A course in public speaking is preferred but an interpersonal communications course is acceptable.