Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy Prerequisites
Required Pre-Pharmacy Coursework
All applications to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy are submitted through PharmCAS. An official copy of all college transcripts should be submitted with your application for admission. After you initially submit your application, you may need to update your college course history to reflect newly completed or planned/in-progress courses. PharmCAS will not update your coursework for you. If you need to add newly completed coursework to your application, you will submit updated official transcripts during the Fall and Spring Academic Update in PharmCAS.
All pre-pharmacy course requirements must be completed with a grade of “C-” or better at an accredited US college or university before matriculation into the pharmacy program.
Organic chemistry or life sciences courses earned seven or more years prior to applying to PCSP will not be allowed to be used to satisfy pharmacy prerequisites unless approved by the Admissions Committee on an individual applicant basis.
Online courses are accepted from a regionally accredited institution.
- Human Anatomy or Anatomy & Physiology I (3 hours)
- Human Physiology or Anatomy & Physiology II (3 hours)
- General Biology I & II with Labs (8 hours)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 hours)
- General Chemistry I & II with Labs (8 hours)
- Organic Chemistry I & II with Labs (8 hours)
- Physics (3 hours)
- Statistics (3 hours)
- Calculus (3 hours)
Social Science Requirements
- Economics (Microeconomics OR Macroeconomics) (3 hours)
- English 101 (3 hours)
- English 102 (3 hours)
- Humanities (Foreign Languages, Arts, Philosophy, History, Political Science, OR Geography) (6 hours)
- Psychology or Sociology (3 hours)
- Public Speaking (3 hours)