Due to COVID-19, interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
The Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy admissions interview is a structured interview process that is designed to assess core competencies that are difficult to measure via an application alone. These competencies are:
- Commitment to the pharmacy profession
- Communication skills
- Ethical and moral reasoning
- Interpersonal skills
Interviewer scores, as well as interviewer and staff, comments factor prominently in Admissions Committee decisions for admission to Presbyterian College. Admission is competitive and selection for an interview does not guarantee admission.
Invitation to Interview
Interviews are initiated and scheduled by the School. If selected, you will receive a phone call to schedule a date. Once you receive your interview invitation, you should respond to the School promptly to confirm your interview appointment. In the case of a major conflict (e.g. you have an exam on your scheduled day that can’t be rescheduled) you should call Admissions at 864-938-3913 immediately to discuss rescheduling your interview.
You are responsible for arranging accommodations and travel to Clinton, SC for the interview process. Click here for more information regarding travel arrangements.
Proof of identification, including picture ID, is required to participate in the interview process.
The Interview Process
Interviews will be conducted from 1 – 4:30 p.m. During your visit, you will interview with a two-person panel (composed of faculty members and healthcare practitioners). You will also participate in a group interaction component and receive a tour of the campus. Time will be allotted for photographs and review of your application and Q&A with Office of Professional and Student Affairs staff.
The order of activities will vary but a sample schedule is listed below:
|1:15- 2:15 p.m.||Introductory Session|
|2:15-3 p.m.||Group Interaction|
|3-3:45 p.m.||Interview with a faculty member and healthcare practitioner|
|3:45-4:30 p.m.||Tour of pharmacy school|
- Attire: Dress professionally. Suitable attire includes dresses or skirts of medium length, non-denim tailored slacks, and appropriate tops for females and slacks, collared dress shirts with a jacket and tie for males. Underdressing (jeans, tennis shoes, etc.), overdressing (party dresses, etc.), or wearing revealing clothing is inappropriate.
- Punctuality: In order to ensure that you arrive on time to your interview, you should allow time for the unexpected (e.g. traffic or weather delays). In the case of an unavoidable delay, you should call the Office of Admissions at 864-938-3913 immediately.
- Answering Questions: Answer all questions honestly and as completely as possible. Be yourself! Don’t try to second-guess the “target” answer to questions. Ask for clarification if needed and answer “I don’t know” when applicable.
After the Interview
After the interview, interviewer scores and comments must be tabulated and your file prepared for review by the Admissions Committee. Please do NOT call or email the admissions office for information on the status of your file after your interview. You will be contacted as soon as possible after the Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. The Office of Professional and Student Affairs will NOT be able to give you any information on the status of your file until an official decision has been rendered by the Admissions Committee.