Vikas Sehdev, Ph.D., B.Pharm.
Assistant Director of Research
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences
Email Dr. Sehdev
- Assistant Professor and Program Advisor (Pharmacology & Toxicology Graduate Program), Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY, USA, (2013 – 2017).
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Biology and Therapeutics, Department of Surgical Oncology & Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, TN, USA, (2009 -2013).
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences (Cancer Biology), Department of Biomedical Research & Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Idaho State University, ID, USA, (2004 – 2009).
- B.Pharm., Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, M.J.P Rohilkhand University, Uttar Pradesh, India, (1999 – 2003).
- PHRM 6109 Principles of Pathophysiology II
- PHRM 6110 Principles of Pharmacology/Medicinal Chemistry II
- PHRM 7111 MTM VIII – Endocrine/Reproductive
- PHRM 7112 Neurosensory
Research interests include:
Cancer Biology, Drug Discovery and Drug Development: Primary areas of interest include identification and characterization of novel therapeutic targets, investigational anticancer agents, and synergistic drug combinations for the treatment of Breast, Blood, and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
1. T. Dichwalkar, S. Bapat, P. Pancholi, N. Jasani, B. Desai, V. K. Yellepeddi & Vikas Sehdev “Omega-3 fatty acid grafted PAMAM-Paclitaxel conjugate exhibits enhanced anticancer activity in Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer cells” (Macromolecular Bioscience, 2017 May 9., doi: 10.1002/mabi.201600457. [Epub ahead of print]).
2. S. Keshisyan, Vikas Sehdev, J. Gray & S. Ray “Cytostatic agents” (Book Chapter: Side Effects of Drugs Annual Volume 37, Nov. 2015, Chapter 44, Pages 567-581, Edited by Sidhartha D. Ray, ISBN: 978-0-444-63525-9).
3. J. Betzu, N. Jasani, B. Desai & Vikas Sehdev “Selective targeting of M3 muscarinic receptors: An opportunity for improved treatment of Upper Gastrointestinal Carcinomas” (Pharmacy & Pharmacology International Journal, 2014 Nov. 03, 1(1): 00001).
4. Vikas Sehdev, A. Dar, W. El-Rifai, “Aurora kinases in Cancer: An opportunity for Targeted Therapy”. (Book Chapter: Molecular Oncology: Causes of Cancer & Targets for Treatment. Edited by Gelmann, Sawyers & Rauscher III., Dec. 2013, Chapter 23, Pages 278-292, ISBN: 9780521876629).
5. Vikas Sehdev, A. Katsha, D. Peng et al., “HDM2 Regulation by AURKA Promotes Cell Survival in Gastric Cancer”. (Clinical Cancer Research, 2014 Jan 1;20(1)).
I am passionate about teaching and research. I enjoy working with students and I like to make judicious use of technology in class.