Blake Miller, PharmD, BCPS
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Director of Interprofessional Education
Email Dr. Miller
- Education and Training:
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2014
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (Ambulatory Care Focus), Carolinas Medical Center – NorthEast, Concord, NC, 2012 – 2013
- Pharm.D., Wingate University School of Pharmacy, Wingate, NC, 2008 – 2012
- B.S. Biology, Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC, 2003 – 2007
- Former professional:
- Clinical Pharmacist Specialist/Coordinator, Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Services, Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, Carolinas HealthCare System, 2013 – 2016
Teaches in :
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Respiratory MTM
- Participates in additional courses throughout the curriculum and to be updated periodically
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
- Cardiology and Ambulatory Care focus
- Pharmacist impact on chronic disease state medication management
- especially cardiology, heart failure (reducing re-admissions) and other cardiomyopathies, hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, etc.
- I strongly believe in a collaborative approach to patient care
- Husband to an amazing wife and father to an awesome little dude.
- Enjoy the beach, working out, shag dancing, and playing most any sport.
- I’m a die hard South Carolina, Wofford, Carolina Panthers, and Duke fan! You can find me in Gamecock or Terrier gear at the games on Saturdays and Panthers gear on Sunday. I would consider March Madness a very stressful time and the only way to get through it is going “crazy” in Cameron Indoor.