Required Medical Clearance
Students enrolled in the School Pharmacy are required to have and demonstrate proof of health insurance; students are responsible for the costs of their own health insurance. Annual documentation of proof of health insurance must be submitted to the Office of Professional and Student Affairs before August matriculation each year. Students admitted to Presbyterian College are required to have updated immunization records. Students will not be permitted to begin the professional program without providing documentation of completion of the immunization guidelines and submission to the Office of Professional and Student Affairs. Students are required to show proof of immunity (titers) or vaccination records and incur all costs for the following immunizations:
- MMR (measles/mumps/rubella)
- Polio (oral or injection)
- PPD (tuberculosis; patch test not accepted)
- Hepatitis B (3 shot series; at least documentation of 2 shots is required by July 1 of the year of enrollment)
Special notes regarding immunizations:
- Future updates and additional immunizations may be required on an annual basis in order to place students on experiential rotations. Information regarding future updates and/or requirements and their deadlines will be disseminated to students in a timely fashion.
- Students with chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes mellitus are strongly encouraged to consider obtaining pneumococcal vaccinations.
- Students should keep a copy of their immunization records, health insurance, and health clearance in their possession while enrolled in the School of Pharmacy at Presbyterian College. Students may be required to provide copies of these documents to preceptors (health care practitioners) when they are assigned to off-campus clinical training requirements.
- Female students are advised that pregnancy is a contraindication to administration of certain vaccinations and should consult their physician for specific and additional information regarding vaccine administration.
Students using on-campus housing may be required to get additional immunizations and should refer to the Presbyterian College student handbook section on on-campus housing for additional information.