- Congratulations to Dr. Kayce Shealy and Dr. Tiffaney Threatt for passing the Certified Diabetes Educator exam.
- Congratulations go out to Dr. Scott Asbill and Dr. Alfonso Romero-Sandoval for submission of their grant entitled “Evaluation of Compounded Pain Gels in an In Vivo Preclinical Pain Model” to IACP for $10,000.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Clements and Dr. Zach Anderson on their recent acceptance of their manuscript for publication in the Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants entitled "Exenatide Extended-Release: A Once-Weekly Option for Type 2 Diabetes"
- Congratulations to Dr. Jim Wetzel (Biology), Dr. Alfonzo Romero-Sandoval (Pharmacy) and Dr. Sarah Sweitzer (Pharmacy) who are the co-investigators on a proposal that was accepted allowing PC to become a member institution in the upcoming SC INBRE renewal grant! This proposal includes participation of 32 faculty members at PC across 4 disciplines (biology, chemistry, psychology, and pharmacy). This is a tremendous step forward in involving undergraduates in biomedical research!
- Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Clements and Dr. Eileen Ward for passing the Board of Pharmacy Specialties Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Examination.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jennifer Clements on her recent publication in the ACCP Ambulatory Care Pharmacist's Survival Guide Clements J. Pharmacotherapy Core rotation: VA pharmacy. In: Westberg S, Currie J, Garwood CL, eds. ACCP Ambulatory Care Pharmacist's Survival Guide. 3rd Edition. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2013:284-94.
- Congratulations to Dr. Alfonso Romero-Sandoval on winning the best oral presentation at the Carolinas Pain Society Annual Meeting. The title of his poster and presentation was "Implication of the phosphatase MKP-3 in the transition from acute to chronic postoperative pain."
- Congratulations to Dr. Kate Moore on earning her certificate in the ACCP Academy's Teaching and Learning Certificate Program. The Academy Certificate Programs are designed to provide both professional and personal growth in one's selected area of study. The 28 hour program consists of live education courses, webinars, required readings, and online portfolios. The participants also undergo evaluations by one or more mentors.