New discoveries are made one student at a time!
Summer 2014 (May 28-July 23)
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy has created the Pharmacy Research Summer Interns (PRSI) program to enrich the academic experience of pharmacy students and pre-pharmacy undergraduates through research opportunities in pharmacy practice, pharmaceutical administration, pharmaceutics, and biomedical sciences. The PRSI program enables students to build faculty mentoring relationships and professional research experience, and to creatively explore their interests at a more in-depth level than can be attained in the classroom. The PRSI program provides opportunities for pharmacy students to build a competitive edge in the job market and for undergraduate pre-pharmacy students to strengthen their Pharmacy School applications.
Each Intern receives a $3,000 stipend for 8 weeks of full time faculty-mentored research at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. Students are responsible for their own housing. This highly competitive program runs from May 28-July 23, 2014. Selection is based on the student’s previous academic success, their interest in Pharmacy research, and the matching of student research interests with participating faculty.
- Presbyterian College Pharmacy Students or
- Undergraduates: pre-pharmacy, any academic year, any college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.1
- good standing with their College (no academic or judicial probation)
- Have not been awarded a previous PRSI (awarded only once per student)
- Any Questions email: Dr. Alfonso Romero-Sandoval
- Click here to fill out the application
- Attach an unofficial transcript
- Attach a resume
- Attach a short essay describing why you want to participate in the program (< 500 words)
- E-mail documents as a single PDF file to Dr. Alfonso Romero-Sandoval by March 10, 2014 (5pm EST)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 10, 2014
ANNOUNCEMENT of AWARDs: April 1, 2014