C. Scott Asbill, PhD
Chair, Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences
Professor of Pharmaceutics
Email Dr. Asbill
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutics, University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Columbia, SC 2000
- B.S. Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC Cum Laude 1997
- Chair of Pharmaceutical, Social and Administrative Sciences, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL 2007-2009
- Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics with Tenure, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL 2006-2009
- Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics, McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Birmingham, AL 2000-2006
- Adjunct Research Assistant Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 2001-2009
- Associate Scientist, University of Alabama at Birmingham Center for Disaster Preparedness, Birmingham, AL 2001-2009
I am chair of the department of pharmaceutical and administrative sciences. My job responsibilities include recruiting and hiring faculty for the program, development and retention of faculty and teaching in various courses and laboratories.
- PHRM 5106 PILS I
- PHRM 5204 Principles of Drug Delivery
- PHRM 5206 PILS II
Research interests include transdermal and topical drug delivery, pharmaceutical compounding and drug delivery of proteins and antisense therapies.
I am a sports junkie particularly when it comes to football and baseball. I have coached little league baseball and football for over 10 years. I have a passion for fishing (mainly for trout and bass) and just being out on a lake in my 19 foot bass boat.