Kristopher Virga, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Pharmaceutical Sciences
Email Dr. Virga
- Post-doctoral Fellow University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Post-doctoral Fellow University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences/Medicinal Chemistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN (2005)
- B.S. Zoology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (2000)
- Assistant Professor Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas A&M Health Science Center Rangel College of Pharmacy, Kingsville, TX (2006-2011)
- Teaches in:PHRM 6103 Principles of Pharmacology/MedicinalChemistry
- MTM sequence
- (possible others unknown at this time)
Research interests include the design and synthesis of novel antimicrobials and conjugated prodrugs with enhanced cellular permeability. I am further interested in the topical formulation of those agents for application in treating infectious wounds.
“Pantothenamides Are Potent, On-Target Inhibitors of Plasmodium Falciparum Growth When Serum Pantetheinase Is Inactivated.” 2013
I enjoy saltwater fishing and playing golf poorly. I live for football season, and I am a diehard LSU and New Orleans Saints fan. Because of my position in academia, I do not often discuss the fact that I am also a big NASCAR fan due to the ridicule it brings.