Alfonso Romero-Sandoval, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Director of Research
Email Dr. Romero-Sandoval
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pharmacology & Toxicology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH. 2009-2012.
- Instructor, Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH. 2007-2009.
- Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH. 2006-2007.
- Postdoctoral fellow, Pain Mechanisms Laboratories, Department de Anesthesiology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA. 2003-2006.
- Ph.D. University of Alcalá. University of Alcalá. Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, Spain. 2003.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.D.), Faculty of Medicine. University of San Carlos of Guatemala. University Center of Occident (Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Centro Universitario de Occidente). 1999.
PHRM 5203 Principles of Pathophysiology, PHRM 7205 Special Populations MTM Research Interests Mechanisms underlying the transition from acute to chronic postoperative painNanoparticle-based delivery systems for gene induction in pain conditionsDevelopment of zebrafish as an in vivo model for the study of pain
- Rita Allen Foundation & American Pain Society (PI) 2011 – 2014. Mechanisms in the
- Hitchcock Foundation (PI) 2011 – 2013. Role of phosphatases in spinal cord neuronal sensitization
- R01 DA025211-01 NIH-NIDA (PI) 2009 – 2012. Cannabinoids and Neuroimmune Interactions
- American Pain Society Future Leaders in Pain Research (PI) 2008-2010. Cannabinoids and Glial Interactions in Acute and Chronic Pain
I love soccer and closely follow the Spanish professional league and the European UEFA tournament, Champions League. In my opinion (and some experts’) the best soccer of the history is played now by FC Barcelona. So, it is a good time to become a soccer fan!