News

Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy conferred degrees upon 71 Doctor of Pharmacy candidates at the 2016 Hooding and Graduation Ceremony

Graduation-2016-pharmacy-school-PC

On May 13, 2016, at 10 a.m. Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy conferred degrees upon 71 Doctor of Pharmacy candidates at the 2016 Hooding and Graduation Ceremony in Belk Auditorium.

For the first time, the Hooding Ceremony and the Diploma Ceremony were combined into one ceremony for the third pharmacy graduating class held in Belks Auditorium on the Presbyterian College campus.  After the invocation from Reverend Rachel Parsons-Wells, President Bob Staton offered a warm welcome to the families and friends who packed the auditorium.

Dean Cliff Fuhrman introduced the keynote speaker, Susan A. Cantrell, RPh, Chief Executive Officer of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP).  She gave a rousing speech on what an exciting time it is to be in pharmacy and how the graduates are poised to make great strides in the profession.  P4 Bragan Mace was chosen by her classmates to give the Distinguished Graduating Student Speaker Address, and she led the graduates down memory lane of some of the fun times and life lessons they learned in their four years together.

As Dr. Julie Sease called their names, seventy-one graduates walked to the stage to receive their hood from Dean Fuhrman and Dr. Nancy Goodbar and then proceeded across the stage to receive their diplomas from Dr. Don Raber and PC President Bob Staton.  After which, the graduating class stood to recite the Oath of a Pharmacist:

I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
  • I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
  • I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
  • I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
  • I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
  • I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
  • I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
  • I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.

Please click here to see our Facebook gallery of pictures from the ceremony.

The ceremony marks the third graduating class of the School of Pharmacy at Presbyterian College. The Class of 2016 represents a diverse group of 13 different states. Over 20% of the graduating class has been accepted into residency programs across the country and over 80% have reported that they will have a job or job offer upon graduating. Many accolades have been bestowed upon members of the class of 2016 during their four years in pharmacy school. This cohort has published and presented over 50 abstracts, posters, and papers which have garnered state and regional awards. Several members of the Class of 2016 have won prestigious awards from national organizations for their service and efforts to enhance the profession of pharmacy. The class of 2016 also took the Presbyterian College motto Dum Servimus Vivimus, “While We Live We Serve”, to heart by providing approximately 10,000 service hours during their four-year tenure in pharmacy school. The class of 2016 has made an impact in our community and in the profession and we hope they continue to do so in the years to follow.

We are honored to have the Class of 2016 become a part of our growing Presbyterian College Pharmacy School alumni.

NEWS ARCHIVES