News

Professors earn new distinction

Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacists

PC School of Pharmacy professors Dr. Julie Sease and Dr. Kate Gerrald recently earned the distinction Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties. Sease and Gerrald were among the first pharmacists to receive the distinction.

“Having the BCACP credential provides an extra assurance to the physicians I work with, the patients I help to care for, and the students and residents I teach that my knowledge base about ambulatory care topics is sufficient to allow me to take an active role in disease state and medication management and to help teach others to do so as well,” Sease said.

Ambulatory care pharmacy practice is “the provision of integrated, accessible health care services by pharmacists who are accountable for addressing medication needs, developing sustained partnerships with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community,” according to the Board of Pharmacy Specialties website.

This is accomplished through direct patient care and medication management for ambulatory patients, long-term relationships, coordination of care, patient advocacy, wellness and health promotion, triage and referral, and patient education and self-management.

NEWS ARCHIVES